Current Skincare Routine | April 2014

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Hi friends, welcome back to my blog! I thought I would share my Current Skincare Routine with you guys because I believe with an effective skincare regime leads to glowing, flawless and beautiful skin. We're often asked the question, do we prefer high end makeup and drugstore skincare or high end skincare and drugstore makeup. I've answered the question before and of course I am more willingly to spend money on expensive skincare as having a flawless base to apply makeup is essential to me! Surely I've rambled on enough so let's get started with my morning skin care routine.

I usually start off my mornings by taking a shower and in there, I cleanse my face using the new Garnier Combination to Oily Skin Cleanser which helps to reduce shine on my face since I tend to get oily around my T-Zone. I let this sit on my skin for about 1-2 minutes before washing it off, I can see a minor difference in my skin already since using it so definitely a recommended product for my oily skin girls out there. Next, I use my beloved St Ive's Apricot Scrub to exfoliate my face, I use this about 3-4 times a week since it might be a little too harsh to use as a daily scrub since it has sand particles in it. I rub this into my skin for about 1-2 minutes and rinse it off! It's great at removing dirt or any impurities on the skin and leaves it feeling smooth and fresh. Definitely a recommended product!

After my shower, I apply the Lancôme Dream Tone in Number 2 which combats redness and the appearance of dark spots and helps to prep my skin for moisturiser. I then use the new Garnier Mattifying Fresh Cream for oily to combination skin which sets to a matte finishes and again, helps to reduce shine. I'm really enjoying this moisturiser and considering on buying a back up! Then before applying makeup, I prime my face with Hourglass Veil Primer (read my review here).

At the end of the night, I remove my makeup with either Bioderma, Simple Kind to Eyes Makeup Remover or Neutrogena Cleansing Towelettes then proceed to cleanse my face again with the Garnier Comination to Oily Skin Cleanser and let my skin dry before applying serum and moisturiser. I start my routine by taking Lancôme's Visionnaire and applying that to my skin as it helps to reduce redness around my face and lighten dark spots. I like to use a thicker moisturiser at night time because it keeps my skin extra hydrate throughout the night so I like to use Benefit's Total Moisture Facial Cream, letting that set then applying the It's Potent eye cream also from Benefit and end my routine by applying the Nivea Raspberry Rose Lip Balm!

I hope you guys enjoyed reading my Current Skincare Routine, if you have one please don't be afraid to share it with me, I would love to know and try some new products! I also wanted to mention that I have sensitive skin as well and none of these products break me out! Please follow me on my social media platforms to keep updated! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts